Jeff interviews Robert “Kim” Wilson, author of “They Will Be Giants: 21st Century Entrepreneurs and the Purpose-Driven Business Ecosystem.” Kim is an executive high-achiever and business innovator with a proven track record working with large, global enterprises as well as start-up entrepreneurs. Kim’s business solution of Ecosystems is an agile, adaptable approach thru which any business leadership team can improve value creation and innovation.
Jeff and Kim discuss the distinction between a network and a purpose-driven business ecosystem as well as Kim’s seven principles for creating and flourishing a business ecosystem.
Some topics covered by Jeff and Kim include:
- The definition of a purpose-driven ecosystem and how it differs from a professional network (1:23)
- Exercise as a metaphor for purpose-driven activity (11:30)
- A detailed description of principles and practices that will help your ecosystem create real value (12:00)
- A short summary of each principle for listeners to jot down as a note (25:00)
- Advice Kim has as a first step for those who want to improve their professional network and build a purpose-driven ecosystem (27:49)
- Why is this personally important to Kim (31:20)
Check out “They Will Be Giants” on Amazon to learn more about Kim’s work and philosophies.
Are you enjoying our Interconnected Individuals podcast series? Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes so you get notified when new episodes are released.